The Community Development Division offers educational programs and services of the highest quality that reflect the needs established by the communities they serve, and are designed to provide greater opportunities for students to achieve their academic and career goals.
Community Development team members, are responsible for expanding students’ access to college bridge pathways and post-secondary education, increasing retention and degree completion, and forging partnerships with business and community leaders, government agencies, school districts, and other higher education institutions, to boost resources and enhance student's opportunities for success. CD no longer over nine locations: Additionally, Community Development provides administrative oversight of Rio Salado College’s nine valley-wide locations, including the Communiversity Queen Creek.
Community Development’s areas of responsibility include:
- Adult Education - Adult Basic Education, Adult Secondary Education, High School Equivalency (HSE) formerly GED prep, and English language classes, plus affiliated grant-funded programs at locations throughout Maricopa County, in partnership with the Arizona Department of Education
- Online GED Test Preparation Classes
Department & Locations Leads
- Barbara Khalsa, (Interim) Dean, Instruction & Community Development
- Tamara Cochran, Associate Dean, Instruction and Community Development
- Elizabeth Cole, Director, Outreach & Partnerships
- Elizabeth Kerr, Instructional Services Director
- Miranda Lopez, Instructional Services Director
- Lily Beth Brazones, Instructional Services Manager
- Kelly Stewart, Student Services Manager