The Community Development Division offers educational programs and services of the highest quality that reflect the needs established by the communities they serve, and are designed to provide greater opportunities for students to achieve their academic and career goals.
Community Development team members, are responsible for expanding students’ access to college bridge pathways and post-secondary education, increasing retention and degree completion, and forging partnerships with business and community leaders, government agencies, school districts, and other higher education institutions, to boost resources and enhance student's opportunities for success. Additionally, Community Development provides administrative oversight of Rio Salado College’s nine valley-wide locations, including the Communiversity Queen Creek.
Community Development’s areas of responsibility include:
Department & Locations Leads
- Barbara Khalsa, (Interim) Dean, Instruction & Community Development
- Elizabeth Cole, Director, Outreach & Partnerships
- Heather Tyler, Associate Dean of Instruction and Community Development
- Lily Beth Brazones, Instructional Services Manager
- Miranda Lopez, Instructional Services Director
- Steve Yammamori, Director, Military & Veteran Programs
- Tamara Cochran, Associate Dean of Instruction and Community Development